FREE ONLINE EVENT
1st & 2nd September
Your free ticket to access all interviews online for 72 hours following their release.
Watch live or in your timezone anywhere in the world for FREE
Watch all summit interviews and presentations.
Free access for 72 hours from release.
Watch anywhere, anytime.
Ticket for good
When you purchase this ticket something amazing happens.
You get summit access for 72 hours, and you provide meals for sick and injured Koala bears.
THE TOPIC OF THE YEAR
The 2021 Research Impact Summit features over 20 speaker sessions led by knowledge translation and research impact experts, researchers, proven practitioners and influencers from government, policy and business.
The Summit consists of content across the themes of:
Translation, Implementation Science, Collaboration & Engagement, Dissemination, and Research Impact
The summit is for researchers, research support and administrators, research funders and anyone wanting to learn more about research impact.
This summit will transform how you plan for and deliver on your impact endeavours – whether you are new to research impact or have years of experience.
BEST OF ALL
You can watch the Research Impact Summit in your timezone, no more middle of the night access. You can watch from where you want, watch when you want for 72 hours from the summit launch. Need to run to a meeting mid summit, no problem, come back and pick up where you left off!
WHEN IS THE RESEARCH IMPACT SUMMIT?
Even if it is not in your timezone, all recordings are available free for 72 hours. Join us online if you can, and if not, watch at your leisure
HERE’S WHAT WE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT:
This exclusive online event is broken down into the following sections:
You’ll learn about translation, the terminology involved, how to plan for it and how translation is related to impact
DISSEMINATION & IMPLEMENTATION
Learn some interesting methods and tools to use for your research dissemination. Understand the process of implementation
RESEARCH IMPACT ASSESSMENT
Understand how others create and evaluate their impact and how you too can be efficient and effective in your impact endeavours
WHAT MAKES THIS EVENT DIFFERENT?
#1 – Learn from others experience, hear from the experts how research impact can be done more efficiently and effectively
Don’t spend years trying to “figure it out” and learn everything for yourself. Why waste your precious time experimenting when you can learn directly from people who’ve done what you want to do. The carefully selected speakers will empower you by teaching you what really works, so you can develop your own pathways to research impact.
#2 – Watch at your convenience
There’s no flight or hotel room to book and definitely no conference fee… not to mention the time away from your research. You can watch the sessions online at your own convenience, and each interview will be live for 72 hours.
#3- Action packed interviews with researchers, translation experts and policy drivers
No boring talking heads! You get to see the expert speakers, and I have a real and raw conversation about a topic in-depth, with instant takeaways and actionable advice you can use immediately.
WHO SHOULD WATCH THE SUMMIT?
- Researchers & academics wanting to improve engagement with stakeholders external to the university.
- University employees and research administrators wanting to better support research impact.
- Research funders who fund impact activities but want to hear the realities faced during the process.
- Early career researchers that want to get ahead of the rest, stand out and create a big impact from their research.
- People that want to hear about the latest tools, tips, tricks, trials and tribulations of bridging the research to practice gap.
RESEARCH IMPACT MATTERS
Research impact has become the globally expected norm!
- Academics are being asked to demonstrate that their research has impact.
- Academics are now expected to provide evidence that their publicly funded research is making a difference to society in some way
This ever expanding requirement to show impact has caused some confusion, despair, and even mild panic among the academy.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Strategies for successful stakeholder engagement
- Considerations for collaboration with non-academic stakeholders
- Alternative and innovative ways of disseminating your knowledge
- Institutional and organisational strategies to support research translation and impact
- The value of intermediary organisations in facilitating impact
- Hear from research funders about how they fund translation and measure the impact of their investment in research
- The key elements that go into writing a research impact case study
- Benefits, pitfalls and interesting insights on the impact agenda globally
- International perspectives on knowledge translation and research impact
Hi, I’m Tamika Heiden – host of the Research Impact Summit.
I’m a knowledge translation and impact expert and Head Inspirer at the Research Impact Academy, a consultancy working to bridge the research to practice gap.
Since 2014, I have been supporting organisations such as research funders and universities to create, capture and communicate their impacts. I am always on the lookout for how I can help others to create greater benefits and impact of the research endeavour, and I like to learn from the best.
Come join me and let’s take our research impact efforts to the next level.
I’ll see you in September 2021!